About HALF the sentences below have an indirect object! Careful! I hope you enjoying solving these diagramming puzzles. I’ve almost everything from the previous lessons to help you review your skills.
I suggest that you write out each sentence, punctuate correctly, then diagram. Click each sentence to see it punctuated and diagrammed.
- His girlfriend ordered herself a gift.
- When it arrived she gave it to him.
- He thanked her with a kiss.
- She had surprised him with it.
- After a moment he opened it in front of her.
- As a free gift the company had sent him some lube too.
- He gave her a nervous smile but his girlfriend was grinning.
- She wanted him in the bedroom.
- He gave himself a moment to prepare.
- Then he granted her her secret wishes. (Perfectly correct, but funny with those two “her”s next to each other! I’d revise if I were to find myself writing this!)