In the second episode about the prepositions, we explore how the prepositional phrases can function as adjectives. Things can start looking confusing, so a little practice writing, punctuating, and diagramming these sentences will do you a lot of good!
Click on the sentence to see how to punctuate and diagram each one.
- The lifeguard closed the trunk of her car and looked around.
- The day in the middle of summer was nice.
- The parking lot was packed with cars from various states.
- She worked at the only nude beach in the area around the city.
- The work was a mix between lifeguard and bouncer.
- Sometimes she pulled people from the water near her station.
- At other times she kicked sick motherfuckers in the balls as part of her job.
- She walked onto the beach towards her perch on the lifeguard station.
- People were pointing at something beyond her sight and she knew.
- She laughed to herself because her day was starting with a kick to the balls.