These examples use Episode 11 as a starting point, and then they get a little more interesting. If you’re confused, I could do a video lesson on joining phrases, words, and clauses (with both the cojuncs and the subjuncs). Use the first couple diagrams to get a sense of how this works, and I think you can do it! Let me know in the video comments if you could use more sentences, instruction, or examples.
Rewrite the sentences, punctuating as you go. Then diagram.
- Anthony dropped his hand and grinned.
- His wife and their two friends moaned as he won the card game.
- He laughed but he stopped when he saw their faces.
- Because they were sad he had an idea.
- He approached his wife and started a new game as he kissed her.
- The other couple was uncomfortable until his wife turned and kissed them.
- Before they knew it everyone was naked and laughing.
- They smiled as they entered the bedroom and discussed the rules.
- Once everyone was comfortable the kissing and the touching started.
- Anthony grinned as he dropped his hands and his friends moaned.